Full time – Canada
Ambitious and creative with a desire to lead tactical execution of public relations and digital strategies, you are looking to make a splash with a growing, tight-knit team. You have 2-3 years experience working in an agency environment or in-house perhaps in a coordinator role, and you’re ready to take the next step. You have the skills, drive and determination it takes to place a story in the media and grow a brand’s social media following, and will do what it takes to get results for your clients. Learning is important to you, and that’s why you’re a great fit for our team and growth-oriented, people-first culture.
- Intentional. Our results-focused, strategic approach is the foundation of everything we do. We listen, consider, then execute. We strip away what doesn’t matter to do more of what does.
- Meaningful. We create content that people want to engage with. Our integrated approach leads to creative solutions. We deliver smart ideas, freshly executed, and always with communication excellence.
- Adaptable. Trial and error leads to creativity. We stay on top of results, trends and market shifts so we can flex accordingly.
- Accountable. We’re committed to results, and share what’s working and what’s not. When it comes to driving our client’s business, we’re proactive and dedicated.
- Respectful. We honour each other, our partners, clients and their customers as fellow human beings. We will never take their business, time, or attention for granted.
As Account Lead, you are:
- Creative. We pride ourselves in our outside-the-box thinking, and hope you do too. You’re ready to come to the table with big ideas that promise fun and results for our clients.
- Collaborative. Our team structure is designed to allow every single person to shine, no matter how many years of experience they have. You’ll be expected to contribute, partner with team members, and collaborate with clients to get the job done.
- Organized. We’re talking super detail-oriented, aiming for ‘inbox-zero’ kind of organized. This is a job that requires keen focus and the ability to tackle each task with intention.
- Communicator. You are a born communicator. Whether it be snappy social media captions, or on-brand media materials or speedy (but always professional) email correspondence, you have a passion for words and you’re looking for a place that celebrates your love for all forms of communication.
- Driven. We pride ourselves in our growth-driven culture creating an environment where team members can grow and flourish. You have the desire to learn from industry professionals and you’re open to feedback. Something you’ve learned in your career so far is that growth is a process and you take every opportunity (and challenge) in stride.
- Executing strategy for 4-7 accounts at any given time, integrating traditional public relations with social media marketing and influencer and brand amplification opportunities.
- Playing an active role in strategic planning and ideation for ongoing and new accounts.
- Developing press materials including pitches, press releases, press kits and media advisories.
- Successfully pitching stories and collaborations to media and influencers.
- Overseeing photo shoots with contracted content creators.
- Creating social media calendars for Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and/or TikTok, including visual and written content.
- Supporting with social media posting on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and/or TikTok, including ongoing engagement and organic follower-building.
- Conceptualizing, coordinating and executing brand amplifications such as influencer drops and campaigns, brand partnerships and launch parties.
- Building and maintaining relationships with writers, editors, bloggers, on-air personalities, producers, influencers, and other notable individuals.
- Monitoring media hits, social media mentions, and compiling regular client reports.
- Oversee a account coordinator who supports with execution on assigned accounts.
- Report to assigned account director who supports with all accounts and deliverables.
- Post-secondary education in public relations, communications, marketing or related
- 1-2 years of related work experience in a similar role (agency experience is preferred).
- Polished and professional presentation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Based in Vancouver or Toronto.
- Proficiency with Mac OSX, Microsoft Office, Google Apps, and online platforms (e.g. Sprout Social, Basecamp, Meltwater, etc).
- Existing media relationships and familiarity with the current media landscape in Canada (USA would be great too).
- Food & Beverage experience and wine knowledge and/or interest.
- Familiarity with photography, videography and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Current BC or ON driver’s license and access to vehicle.
- Semi-annual profit share bonus.
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision care benefit plans, as well as unlimited paid sick days (upon completion of three month probation period).
- Partial monthly cell phone allowance + provided Macbook, monitor, mouse, and access to premium software and system.
- Annual training + development allowance.
- Three weeks’ annual paid vacation.
- 4.5-day work weeks.
- Flexible remote work environment.
- Opportunities to connect in person with team through a yearly retreat, weekly team meetings, in-person events, and activities.
- Allocated time off for advocacy.
Please email to email@example.com. All applications must include the following:
- Cover letter including salary expectation.
- 2-3 writing samples including at least one press release.
- Links to social media experience, personal or professional (if applicable).
We appreciate all applicants for their interest in this position with kin. We look forward to reviewing your application and hopefully connecting with you soon!