Based in the heart of Railtown, Monstercat is known for being one of the most influential record labels in the electronic music industry. Founded in 2011 by Mike Darlington and Ari Paunoen, Monstercat has built a remarkable roster of world-renowned talent across multiple channels, including YouTube and Spotify. For the fourth year, after a one-year hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Monstercat produced a free outdoor block party featuring live performances from electronic artists on two stages along with art, video games, music education, merchandise, food and drinks and a premium lounge for VIP guests. The event took place on September 18, with thousands of music fans, music enthusiasts, culture aficionados, and locals in attendance.
Having worked together in 2019, Monstercat partnered with Reformation again in 2021 to build local and industry awareness for their brand and manage all influencer and media relations, while navigating the challenges and changes to public event protocols during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Implement a traditional media outreach campaign, including a press release + targeted media pitching to secure editorial coverage across local and industry-related media outlets.
- Position Monstercat Compound as a safe outdoor event for families and music fans alike.
- Leverage Canadian artist profiles for interviews and event coverage in numerous local papers, securing 120+ media hits.
- Build event awareness and excitement for the return of live events and one of the only festivals in Vancouver in 2021.
- Engage local influencers with complimentary VIP passes to experience the best of Compound, resulting in 370k+ impressions from influencers alone who shared how safe they felt at the event and happy they were to attend.